We are looking for an Outreach teacher, to join our established Home Tuition Team, to facilitate learning in a child’s home. This will involve working with primary and/or secondary aged learners to deliver agreed programmes of learning supplied by the child’s home school. As a Home Tutor, you will be responsible for monitoring, recording and reporting progress to the home school and to the Triple R team that oversee this provision as part of Rivermead School. The role will include the planning, preparing and delivery of specific learning set by the home school and to also promote the re-integration of learners back into their home school. These learners are unable to access their home school due to medical reasons.
Rivermead is committed to the development of all staff.
You should have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- a passion for ensuring that all children should be able to achieve their potential whatever their additional needs
- excellent teaching skills and the adaptability to facilitate learning in areas of the curriculum beyond your own specialist subject as required
- a good understanding of the acquisition of literacy, numeracy, language and social skills and the knowledge and ability to develop and deliver programmes to support the development of these skills.
- good communication skills
- an interest in or experience of teaching children with a range of additional needs including Autism and/or SEMH.
If this position interests you and you want to know more you are very welcome to visit.
For further details including the job description and full person specification please contact Mrs Wendy Pettitt on 01634 961080 or e mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 22nd January 2021 noon
Interviews: Week Beginning 25th January 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.