This is a Fixed Term Contract until the end of Term 2, with the potential to be extended to a permanent contract.
We are looking for a conscientious professional with excellent people skills who will work in partnership with our families and outside agencies. The successful candidate will work within the Danecourt Safeguarding Team and will report to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or an allocated Deputy DSL.
The Parent Partnership and Safeguarding Lead will work to support the Safeguarding Team in the maintenance of high-quality systems, including monitoring and evaluating procedures, effective provision and the co-ordination of services and support for vulnerable pupils. The successful candidate will be joining a well- established team of designated safeguarding leaders and play an instrumental role in safeguarding the pupils that attend Danecourt and their families.
The successful candidate will have extensive recent experience in a similar role, ideally gained from previous work within schools or Social Care, Health, Education or Police. They will build strong relationships with professionals, parents, carers, pupils and other key stakeholders in the Danecourt community. Candidates must have an understanding of children's safeguarding issues including the most recent KCSIE.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of Safeguarding Children Level 3
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs and disabilities
- Knowledge of educational provision EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2
- Knowledge of Early Help and Social services provision for families. Knowledge of Child Protection processes and legislation as well as Child In Need.
- Knowledge of child development and impact of Adverse Childhood experiences.
- Working Knowledge of SEN
- Willingness to undertake further training.
- The ability to forge good relationships in a non-judgemental and sensitive manner.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to weigh up consequences quickly, in order to make timely decisions.
- The ability to empathise, to remain calm whilst working under pressure, patience, creative and proactive.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
The Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to a successful Enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before an appointment is confirmed.
How to apply
Please apply online via TES using the link below -
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via the TES website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.