Two positions - we would like the successful candidate to take up both positions if possible.
1:1 Learning Support Assistant - 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only. D2 4-11 (£19,264 to £22,129 per annum pro rata).
Midday Meals Supervisor - 2.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only. This position will be required for 30 minutes each day. (A lunch break of 30 minutes will be given). E2 1-3 (£18,333 - £18,887 per annum pro rata).
1 Year temporary position (Conditional to funding. Should the funding be removed then the post will cease).
St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School is a friendly, single form entry, voluntary
controlled school situated in the village of Cliffe on the Hoo Peninsula. We enjoy a peaceful,
village location in a one storey building with extensive grounds.
Our school motto is “Playing together, learning together, growing together” and this is
reinforced by the Christian ethos that underpins the school’s values.
We are at the heart of our community and use the strong links we have built up to provide
context and depth to our wider learning objectives.
The children are proud of their school and their community and at St. Helen’s we provide a
safe and productive learning environment for them to thrive and grow into confident
contributing members of the community. We encourage our children to learn alongside and
from each other. We seize upon cross curricular opportunities and make the most of our
school grounds and village setting for supporting cross curricular learning to ensure that
learning is memorable and fun.
1:1 Learning Support Assistant
We are seeking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to provide support
for children with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs). The role will involve working
with children in different classrooms and supporting the learning as directed by the teacher.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who is:
• Able to assist and support children diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, social
communication disorder, anxiety and sensory processing difficulties
• Able to make or modify resources as suggested by the class teacher, SENCo,
Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies
• Enthusiastic and highly motivated
• Has experience of working in Key Stage 2
In return we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• A vibrant staff team
• Beautiful grounds and excellent resources
• Continuing Professional Development
• Supportive and caring parents and governors that want the best for our children
In addition to the 1:1 Learning Support Assistant, we also require a Midday Meals Supervisor to work 30 minutes each day, Monday to Friday.
Midday Meals Supervisor
As part of a team, be responsible for supervising and maintaining positive
behaviour of children during the lunchtime break. They should ensure that children
eat their meals safely and behave appropriately in all areas of the school (indoors
and outside in play areas).
• Ensure that children wash their hands before they eat
• Ensure that children move calmly inside the building and are in the dining
hall at the correct time
• Assist younger children; at the servery counter, with the proper use of
cutlery and help them cut up their food when necessary
• Supervise children in the dining room including the cleaning of tables and removal of
food/water that is spilt
• Ensure children eat their food and exit the dining hall after eating their meal
• Supervise children eating food brought from home and ensure that all
packed lunch equipment is cleared away after use
• Report to the class teacher or a member of the Senior Leadership Team any child
whose diet may give rise for concern
• Set suitable behaviour standards in line with school policy, dealing with
incidents of unacceptable behaviour and referring matters to the class teacher or a
member of the Senior Leadership Team if required
• Help children acquire social skills
• Take charge of groups of children in the playground or the classroom,
depending on the weather
• Devise and initiate constructive play opportunities for children
• Ensure that children remain within a safe environment and that they play
• Attend to minor accidents and seek appropriate assistance if necessary
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school
To find out more about our school, please visit our website - http://www.sthelens.medway.sch.uk or contact the Headteacher for an informal discussion.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01634 220246
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare
of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
St Helen's CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
A copy of our Safeguarding Policy is available to read below.
How to apply
Please return completed application forms to the School Office, St. Helen’s Church of
England Primary School, Church Street, Cliffe, Rochester, Kent. ME3 7PU or email to
Interviews: Week commencing 12th September 2022
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a
suitable candidate is found.