To start September 2022
An exciting opportunity to be part of a ground breaking provision in Medway
The Beeches Alternative Provision Free School is due to open in a new purpose-built building in 2024 under The Inspiring Change Trust. This provision will support key stage 1,2 and 3 pupils who are experiencing challenges in their schools.
Before The Beeches opens in 2024 The Trust has started a Primary support service. There are currently two parts to this service. A small provision, offering full time education to pupils who are unable to maintain their learning in the mainstream. This is a short-term provision offering intensive support for a short period of time leading to reintegration into mainstream. In addition, there is a Primary Outreach service with a base at The Rowans AP Academy. This outreach and interventions co-ordinator will work with a small team and increase current capacity.
You will work under the direction of the Executive Head, you will manage a case load of outreach support to local Primary Schools, working with a trauma informed ethos, modelling this to pupils and schools
-Inspirational, passionate, empathetic, kind, committed and resilient.
-Motivated to support children to overcome challenges, make progress and be successful.
Do you want to be….?
Part of a new team, to shape the future of the Beeches provision and make a real difference to children’s lives.
This is a short-term intervention provision for Primary pupils who have social, emotional and mental health needs or who are experiencing challenges within their lives and therefore unable to manage in a mainstream primary school at a certain point in time.
The aim of this new provision is for all work to lead to a successful reintegration to full time mainstream provision, and a reduction in fixed term exclusions and, where possible, to try and prevent permanent exclusions.
Successful applicants will;
- Work with the Executive Headteacher of the provision to develop the service prior to the opening of the new Beeches Alternative Provision Free School in 2024
- Support the planning and delivery of a broad curriculum based on the 6 principles of nurture with an unrelenting focus on the core curriculum areas notably, English and Maths, reading and SPAG, with outdoor enrichment and learning opportunities.
- Support and deliver a programme of academic and therapeutic intervention to meet individual needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inspiring team.
- Have a commitment to raising standards for all young people.
- Have at least a Level 2 qualification in both Maths and English.
- Be able to use their own initiative and work well as part of a team.
- Enjoy challenging, supporting and motivating young people.
- Be highly motivated and have passion, integrity and enthusiasm to drive the provision forward.
- Have a full driving licence.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to have an enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to apply
Application packs with further information on the role and provision can be downloaded from our website www.therowans.org and completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
If you wish to have a conversation about the post please contact Caron Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org