Start Date: As soon as possible
Danecourt is a special school catering for primary age children who have special educational needs. Danecourt is part of the Maritime Multi-Academy Trust, an innovative partnership of Academies in Greenwich, Kent & Medway. Our academies transform through collaboration and an entrepreneurial curriculum which equips children with life skills.
The school caters for children with a wide breadth of need including complex learning difficulties, autism and social emotional mental health needs. We enjoy a range of specialist facilities and additional therapy support along with outdoor learning spaces and sensory play rooms.
At Danecourt, our mission is to provide all pupils with a “stimulating learning environment where every individual is valued, respected, safe and successful”. All pupils receive a personalised curriculum tailored to meet their specific needs.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to join our therapy team at Danecourt as a Therapy Assistant. We are looking for drive, enthusiasm and potential to join our friendly, professional, positive and forward looking school. This is a great opportunity to develop your career by building on your current success.
You will be responsible for the delivery of a range of interventions in collaboration with the therapies team (speech and language, occupational, physio and behaviour therapists) for children with a wide range of complex needs.
We are looking for a someone who:
- Can demonstrate an understanding of disorders including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down syndrome and Global Developmental Delay.
- has a basic knowledge of curriculum approaches such as sensory diets, sensory circuits, Attention Autism and Colourful semantics
- Has good communication skills to create collaborative working relationships with teaching staff.
- has computer skills to access and make resources on Boardmaker, as well as skills in Microsoft office to create individualised resources.
- able to write to clinical notes based upon effective observational skills of the child following each session completed.
As an employee of the Maritime Trust you can expect:
- a positive working environment
- national terms and conditions
- tailored programmes of CPD with cross trust development opportunities
- a generous package of staff benefits.
Further information is included in the attached candidate information pack.
We welcome visits to the school, please contact the school office to make an appointment.
The Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to a successful DBS clearance and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before an appointment is confirmed.
Interview Date: 2nd September 2022
How to apply
Please apply online via TES using the link below -
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via the TES website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.