“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.” (IQM Assessor)
Would you like to be a part of this dynamic team, which makes a true difference to our pupils’ lives?
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
Through the dedication of our amazing staff, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where all pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving and retaining both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence since 2017 and becoming a Flagship School in 2020.
Burnt Oak Primary School prides itself on its highly creative curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activities which it offers pupils. Teachers are encouraged to be innovative and to engage pupils through exciting learning opportunities. Testament to the high quality of this curriculum are our recent Gold Sports Games and Best Literacy Innovation Awards.
We were most recently inspected by Ofsted in May 2022 where we received GOOD in all categories.
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated and highly motivated Headteacher who is responsible for a climate of aspiration for pupil progress, well-being and academic achievements; ensuring a high quality of education in order to allow all pupils to fulfil their potential to become successful lifelong learners.
Start Date: 1st January 2023
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to a child centred approach to education, and strives to realise the potential of every child, whatever their abilities.
- can continue the excellent leadership of the school in order to build and further strengthen the school’s achievements.
- is a strong leader, who is passionate about ensuring teachers and the wider staff have consistent high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour.
- is capable of sharing and further developing the vision and ethos of the school to lead the school to develop an outstanding
- has excellent management skills, whilst leading and empowering others.
What we can offer:
- a warm and supportive welcome.
- A friendly and enthusiastic staff team committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all.
- A commitment to supporting all pupils and staff.
Visits to the school to meet pupils and staff are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
For further details or to arrange an informal visit please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
A copy of the school's Child Protection Policy is available to read here - https://www.burntoak.medway.sch.uk/school-information/school-policies
How to apply
Please complete the application form below, and send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.