The Rowans Alternative Provision Academy, rated Outstanding Feb 2015
Part of The Inspiring Change Multi-Academy Trust
Inspiring and Innovative Teacher (Any specialism)- for January 2020
The Trustees and Headteacher of The Rowans are seeking to appoint a passionate, inspiring and dedicated teacher to teach Key Stage 3 and 4 and become part of a forward thinking and research driven alternative provision. Applicants from all specialisms are welcomed including primary trained teachers. . Experience interest in teaching ICT at KS3 is desirable but not essential.
The Rowans is an outstanding and innovative alternative provision providing an exciting and highly personalised, holistic education for 11-16 year olds who have either been permanently excluded from mainstream schools or who have an EHCP for SEMH. We work tirelessly to ensure the education pupils receive whilst at The Rowans is tailored to meet their individual needs and designed to give them the skills to improve their life chances. All pupils have every opportunity to gain qualifications for their future as well as developing vital life skills through our enrichment curriculum. Teaching and learning is Conducted in a nurturing way to encourage the development of social and emotional well-being and intelligence. All staff and students at the Rowans embrace our core values of Kindness, Commitment and Resilience.
- Hold QTS status
- Preferably have 2 full years of teaching experience
- Have experience of managing student behaviour
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy working in an challenging yet rewarding environment
- Be or aspire to be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a commitment to improve and develop
- Be able to use their own initiative and work well as part of a team.
- Have a commitment to raising standards for all young people.
- Possess strong classroom management skills and enjoy building relationships with pupils
In return we can offer:
- Extensive and continual CPD programme with opportunities to undertake specialist training
- Development of trauma informed teaching practices
- A cohesive and fun school culture
- Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
- A supportive leadership group who value staff wellbeing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inspirational team, who last year won the Pearson’s National Teaching Award for Team of the Year. The Rowans converted to academy status as part of The Inspiring Change MAT, a multi-academy trust created specifically to address the shortfall in specialist alternative provision. We are leaders in our field and are looking for the right person to help us address the challenges we face.
The Rowans is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 11th October 2019
How to apply
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.therowans.org and completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.