Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 31.25 hrs per week. (Monday – Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm. Term time only. 39 weeks per year.)
The Head Teacher and Governing Body of Luton Infant and Nursery School are looking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to work under the direction of teachers to assist and support teaching and learning in Year R and KS1. Candidates MUST have recent relevant experience, either paid or voluntary, of working in an Early Years and/or Key Stage 1 class and must also hold a minimum of a relevant NVQ level 2. Candidates with lower KS2 experience will also be strongly considered.
As Head Teacher, I believe Luton Infant and Nursery School to be a very special school, with a true family feel and a genuine desire to care for each of the people who work and learn here. The school has been most successful in creating a justly deserved reputation for the safe, nurturing and yet exciting atmosphere in which children thrive because they are at the centre of everything we do.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Is an experienced EYFS TA, Key Stage 1 TA or lower KS2 TA
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 (Level 3 preferred)
- Is able to offer nurture first and foremost to enable our children to feel valued
- Under the direction of the teacher, is able to lead groups and individual children in reading, writing and maths and knows how to secure good progress
- Employs effective and positive behaviour management strategies
- Has a good understanding of child development
- Is willing to be a good role model to pupils around school and promote the school values
- Is well organised and efficient
- Willing to undertake additional training as necessary
- Enthusiastic and willing to go that extra mile to look after the children in their care
- Able to work as part of a team, have a sense of humour and likes tea and biscuits!
*Any qualification relating to working with children with special educational needs would be advantageous.
In return we offer:
- Supportive and hardworking staff who work effectively together to make our school a brilliant place for children and staff to work and learn together
- A commitment to staff well-being (weekly free beauty treatments and massage)
- Well-behaved children
- A commitment to CPD on a regular basis
- Two Teaching assistants per class
- An open-door policy to pupils, parents and staff
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. A job description is available upon request.
Any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring and a Health Declaration.
Luton Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 July 2019
Interviews: To be arranged
How to apply
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for the position, please complete the application below and send it to Danielle Morgan, our Office Manager, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add ‘Teaching Assistant application’ in the subject header. Postal or hand delivered applications will also be accepted.
A welcome letter to perspective candidates and an application form can be downloaded below.