Location: Rivermead School,
Forge Lane, Gillingham, Kent ME7 1UG
Tel: 01634 338348. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the expansion of our successful Team at Rivermead School, Rivermead Inclusive Trust are seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant with an interest in Food Technology, potentially with a qualification in Food Technology, to work as part of a team supporting learners aged 11 to 16 with a range of complex needs including autism. The post will be based at Rivermead School. We are looking for a talented person who is enthusiastic and can work on their own initiative. All candidates must have Level 2 qualifications (i.e. GCSE grade C and above or equivalent) in English and Maths. Additional relevant qualifications would be desirable. Graduates with a keen interest in moving into Teaching would be welcome to apply.
Rivermead has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish, we put great emphasis on the personal development of each individual. The Rivermead Inclusive Trust promote Continued Professional Development of all employees and offer exciting prospects for enrichment and promotion for the right candidates. There may also be opportunities to work across the trust depending upon experience.
- To uphold and enforce school rules and to work in cooperation with colleagues to promote a high standard of behaviour
- To be fully aware and promote school and Trust policy and procedure
- To complete an induction working alongside key personnel within the School
- To liaise with colleagues over matters relating to the children’s progress and well-being
- Ability to assist children on an individual basis, in small groups and during whole class work
- Ability to work with guidance, but under limited supervision
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning
- Good personal organisation with a happy and confident demeanour
There may be opportunities to work across the trust depending upon experience
Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and Health Declaration and subject to passing a probationary period.
If you are interested in this position please contact Mrs Karen Watkin Human Resources Manager 01634 961080. A visit to Rivermead and an informal discussion is highly recommended.
Deadline: Closing date 24th July 2019 noon Interviews Week Commencing: 22nd July 2019
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.