Luton Infant and Nursery School are looking to appoint a Receptionist/ Admin Assistant to join our wonderful team. The start date is as soon as possible.
Job Purpose and Scope
To provide reception and clerical support for the school, through undertaking tasks which require some generalist skills and knowledge under the supervision and guidance of the Office Manager, Head Teacher and School Business Manager.
To be the first point of contact for the school. This will include welcoming visitors by greeting them, answering or directing any enquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the first point of contact for the school. This will include welcoming visitors by greeting them, answering or directing any enquiries.
- To ensure the correct procedures in line with safeguarding procedures are followed when visitors arrive such as issuing visitors badges, checking identification and showing them to their meeting room.
- To arrange any hospitality requirements and meeting room facilities as required.
- To act as a point of contact for all school enquiries either by telephone, email or face to face and contribute to the smooth running of the school reception.
- To contact parents / legal guardians regarding pupil absence and record reasons in accordance with school procedures. Welcome pupils attending late and take them to their classroom.
- Be responsible for liaising with the school canteen for pupil school meals.
- To type documentation as required.
- To ensure that the reception area is kept tidy, informative and welcoming to visitors at all times.
- To search information and data input information into school systems as required. SIMs knowledge.
- To photocopy documents and materials as directed.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Receive admission enquiries from parents – take initial contact details from parents, pass to appropriate member of senior staff. Arrange appointment times where requested.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection. Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school. Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the duties/responsibilities of the post.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to successful references and satisfactory enhanced DBS checks.
Visits to the school are very much welcomed. Please contact Danielle Morgan, office manager by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
12pm on Friday 23rd August however, we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
Shortlisting: Friday 23rd August.
Interviews: Wednesday 28th August.
How to apply
Complete the attached application form and return it via email to email@example.com
Please do not send applications in the post as these may not be seen due to the school holiday period.