Due to the relocation of one of our current Year 1 teachers, we require a teacher starting in January 2020.
Are you a person who will whole-heartedly share our school values, who will display commitment and professionalism on a daily basis? Are you the person who is genuine in your desire to look after and ensure our children receive the best possible education, who understands how to work in a team and who loves to make a difference and significantly transform children’s lives? Luton Infant and Nursery School have a KS1 vacancy and we would love to hear from teachers who are as passionate and committed to ensuring that children succeed as we are. We are holding open days on Monday 7th and Wednesday 9th October between 9am and 6pm for perspective candidates to come along for an informal visit.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who makes learning fun and nurtures every child in their care, allowing them to achieve their potential
- Demonstrate a good understanding of child development and the related National Curriculum and assessment practices
- Contribute well to the work of the school and be committed to enabling every child to develop the belief in themselves that they can succeed
- Be a good team member who enjoys working in a caring environment, sensitive to the needs of our lovely children
- Be reflective in their practice and a good communicator
- Have high expectations about raising attainment, ensuring that children’s achievement is monitored and interventions are put in place to secure good progress
- Be passionate, committed and enthusiastic about teaching and learning
- Be committed to whole school improvement and contribute to the school’s development plan
- Build a professional relationship with parents, liaising formally and informally
- Be willing to contribute to our programme of extra-curricular learning
- Have a good sense of humour!
As an employer, we will:
- Ensure staff well-being always remains high on the agenda.
- Provide the support of a committed, experienced and welcoming team.
- Provide a well-resourced teaching and learning environment with two teaching assistants.
- Display a strong commitment to improvement and excellence including CPD.
- Provide shared year group PPA time to ensure that you are supported in your role; this includes cups of tea/coffee, biscuits and chocolate!
As Head Teacher of the school, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to come and look around and meet some of our children and staff. Although the school is in a deprived area, our children are absolutely delightful and we strive to provide every single one of them with the very best educational experience possible whilst providing them with the nurture they need. Could you be the person to join our school and make a difference to our children’s lives? Please download my letter below to tell you a little bit more about our school.
Please telephone the school Office Manager, Danielle Morgan on 01634 843019 to arrange a convenient time for you to look around. We are also holding open days on Monday 7th and Wednesday 9th October between 9am and 6pm for perspective candidates to come along for an informal visit.
Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we implement the safer recruitment process which includes undertaking a Disclosure and Barring check and satisfactory references.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Luton Infant and Nursery School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 12pm on 25th October 2019
Shortlisting: 25th October 2019
Interviews: 29th & 30th October 2019
How to apply
A welcome letter to perspective candidates and an application form can be downloaded below. Please return your completed application form to email@example.com