Primary School Teacher required for September 2020
We are a popular, mainstream community school, which is part of Rainham Mark Education Trust. The school had a good Ofsted Inspection in November 2019, and was recognised as being Outstanding in the areas of Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development. The key values held by our school community add to the success and inclusive nature of the school. These values are Enjoy, Achieve, Teamwork, Respect, Communicate, Independence and Resilience. The school has two integrated special provisions for a small number of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder or Visual Impairment, who are taught in the mainstream classes with appropriate support.
Due to the expansion of the school, the Governing Board are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic primary school teacher to be part of our friendly, dedicated team. Outstanding NQTs will be considered.
The successful applicant will:
- be a qualified teacher who can demonstrate sustained outstanding classroom practice and a commitment to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children;
- have a passion for inclusion and an understanding of a range of behaviours and needs, with a desire to make a difference to children’s lives;
- be able to use assessment and feedback effectively in order to plan and adapt the curriculum, leading to high levels of achievement and progress for children who have diverse needs and interests;
- be able to use their own initiative, creativity and innovative ideas to motivate and inspire children, giving them memorable experiences;
- have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues, parents and children through modelling very high levels of professionalism, commitment and integrity;
- have good organisational and time management skills.
In return, we can offer you:
- amazing children, who are ‘Happy, Helpful and Hard-working’,
- opportunities to work across the primary sector as part of a growing school,
- ongoing professional development with a particular focus on inclusion,
- a supportive, dynamic and fun staff team,
- excellent grounds and facilities.
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS Check at the appropriate level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Visits are positively welcomed – please telephone 01634 338700 to make an appointment.
Closing Date: Noon on 24 February 2020. We reserve the right to close the application process early if enough applications have been received.
Interviews will take place on 4 March 2020.
How to apply
An application form and supporting documentation are located on our website; www.riverside.medway.sch.uk Please return applications for the attention of the Headteacher, Mrs Kim Wilmer.