Learning Mentor for the Rivermead/Mid Kent College Post-16 Partnership, Medway and Maidstone sites
Location: Mid Kent College, Medway and Maidstone
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to add to our expanding Post-16 team who is experienced in mentoring and supporting young people, to take a leading role in our new post-16 provisions based at Mid Kent College Medway and Maidstone.
The Rivermead/Mid Kent College Post-16 Partnership provides focussed support to young people with additional needs, many with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Social Emotional Mental Health Difficulties, enabling them to successfully access mainstream college courses at all levels and to develop independence and skills for employment and progression.
The Learning Mentor will provide daily support to develop academic and personal skills and oversee progress across all areas. The role will involve working as part of a team within the Post-16 provisions which are based across the Medway and Maidstone Mid Kent College sites. The Learning Mentor will be able to confidently work and communicate with parents and the larger team of professionals supporting the learners.
Applicants must have:
- Previous professional experience of working with young people possibly with additional needs, including autism and social emotional and mental health difficulties, preferably but not exclusively in a learning environment.
- Education and qualifications to Level 3 or above (this must include English and Mathematics to at least level 2).
- Experience and training directly related to supporting and mentoring young people.
- Excellent communication, organisational skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to relate well to young people and adults.
- A current driver’s licence.
Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring and a Health Declaration.
For further information please contact Mrs Kayleigh Plumb, Office Administrator on 01634 383426 Email:email@example.com
Closing date: 21st February 2020 noon
Interviews date: Week beginning 24th February 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.