The Rivermead Post-16 Partnerships, is part of the Rivermead Inclusive Trust, provide holistic transitional support to learners with Education Health Care Plans. Maintaining the ethos of Rivermead School we are passionate about providing individualised support to our learners to progress them safely and confidently into adulthood with meaningful skills and qualifications.
An exciting new expansion means that we are looking to recruit a strong and innovative individual to join our dynamic team as a teacher responsible for a broad and balanced curriculum aimed at progressing entry level learners. Based at our Long Catlis Road site in Rainham, our learners, aged 16-19, have a range of needs which impact their learning including Autism, medical and sensory needs, physical disabilities and processing difficulties. The General Teacher will be confident to differentiate real life learning alongside targeted literacy and numeracy work.
This role will involve direct teaching responsibilities for the entry level learners alongside a skilled team of support staff. It may also involve some split site working across our other Post-16 provisions to help learners with transition, promote collaborative working and ensure all our learners have access to targeted support.
The successful candidate will work alongside our Head of English and Maths and be able to inspire Post-16 learners who have not yet achieved English and Maths qualifications. They will develop creative approaches that promote progress with learning in these areas.
This individual will have previous experience working with young people with additional needs and be passionate about promoting positive mental health and wellbeing as well as supporting the development of essential life skills.
All applicants should have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of working with learners with complex Special Educational Needs including medical and mental health needs.
- A strong understanding of delivering Functional Skills English and Maths at Entry Level/Level 1
- Excellent teaching skills and the adaptability to facilitate learning in a way that relates to the real world with concrete examples to support individual learning styles
- An interest in teaching learners beyond the classroom with experience of community engagement and outdoor learning.
- An interest in or experience teaching learners essential life skills to support them to progress into adulthood.
What we offer
- A leadership team that nurtures and encourage potential in all
- To become part of a growing and innovative team
- Have a fantastic continued Professional Development programme
- Staff well-being packages
- Child Care Vouchers
Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring and a Health Declaration.
For further information please contact Mrs Melinda Bate (PA to the Headteacher on 01634 338348)
Closing Date: 1st July 2020
Interviews: Week beginning 6th July 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment at Rivermead Inclusive Trust.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.