Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing 21 May 2018
Salary: L3-L7 (£41,368 - £45,743)
Job Start: September 2018
Contract Type: Full Time
Denomination: Church of England
Total Roll: 315
Age Range: 4-11 Years
Responsible for Key Stage One Leadership and Management (could be a different school phase in subsequent years)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To share in the leadership of the school by working in partnership with the Head Teacher and SLT to provide an outstanding education for children.
- To manage and lead a specific age group within the school that is organised into 4 phases.
- To be responsible for a core subject across the school.
- To carry out the duties of this post in line with the remit specified in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and the conditions of employment for Assistant Head Teachers and the school’s own teaching and learning policies.
Under the overall direction of the Head Teacher, the Assistant Headteacher will:
- Formulate the aims and objectives of the school and establish the policies through which they are to be achieved.
- Be responsible for the achievement and progress of pupils within a specified age range
- Proactively and efficiently manage teaching staff and resources to secure the best outcomes for pupils.
- Take on the responsibilities of the Head Teacher as agreed and appropriate in their absence.
- Have responsibility for a class and carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required with the expectation that own teaching is securely outstanding.
- Have responsibility for two other classes in the phase.
- Take responsibility for child protection issues within the phase as appropriate along with other members of SLT
- Promote the safeguarding and welfare of other children within the school along with other members of SLT.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to the highest standards of teaching, learning and pupil achievement
- Well organised
- Highly motivated
- Committed to high behaviour expectations
- Willing to transfer their skills across different key stages as and when required
“As a school we always aim high and fulfil our full potential.” – Year 6 pupil
In return we can offer you:
- Dedicated, supportive and friendly staff and governors
- Children who enjoy coming to school
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
- An attractive, well-resourced and maintained environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s futures within a caring school
Information about the school:
All Saints Church of England Primary School maintains excellence in all areas of school life, enabling each child to fulfil their potential. Since 1894 we have built our reputation on being a caring and supportive school for our local community. We are dedicated to all children becoming lifelong learners and we celebrate all successes and progress both academically and personally.
We are proud of our school’s multicultural community and we celebrate a diverse mix of ethnic groups, recognising and respecting all faiths.
We enable all of our pupils to live our school values and A.R.I.S.E.
‘Achieve. Respect. Include. Support. Enjoy’
Located at the heart of the diverse community of Chatham, Kent, the school has 315 children on roll from Reception to Year 6 and it will be extending it’s age range from two year olds upwards in September 2018.
The last Ofsted inspection graded the school “good” with ‘outstanding’ features. The current grading of ‘outstanding’ was awarded by the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS).
In September 2015 with two other local Church Schools, we formed Medway Anglican Schools Trust and as we continue to build on these exciting times, we are now seeking to appoint a permanent Assistant Headteacher who is flexible to work across any key stage, although initially for the first year, the position advertised will be based in KS1.
For this post you must be passionate and experienced in middle management, be ready to take on a new challenge and prove that you have the skills required to take on the demands of a leadership role.
If you feel you would like to ARISE along with everybody in our school then informal visits to come end meet us are both welcomed and encouraged.
The school is very friendly and once inside you will see, that we are not just a school; we are a family and you will not want to leave!
“We care for each other and make sure everyone is included in everything” – Year 6 pupil
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet, and the Board of Governors may take this information into consideration during the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please complete Application Form attached, and send via post or email to email@example.com.