We wish to appoint a high-quality class teacher to our school to cover maternity leave in Year 4, both newly qualified teachers and experienced staff are welcome to apply.
St. Michael’s RC Primary School has a vacancy for a class teacher for . The role is suitable for NQT’s and /or experienced teachers alike.
St Michaels maintained its “Good” status from its recent Ofsted inspection
“Pupils love coming to this school and speak about it with a sense of pride. They feel well supported by adults in school. They enjoy their learning because teachers make it relevant to them.” - Ofsted November 2019
St Michael’s provides pupils with a rich range of learning across a broad range of subjects, having received the Primary Science Quality Mark, Silver Arts Mark and NAACE award for ICT . We have a fully functioning forest school with a level 3 qualified Forest School practitioner specifically employed to support our children in the outdoor classroom. We are a friendly hard working team with wellbeing and care for our whole school community being at our core. We have recently received the Nourish the Workplace award for the support we give our staff and school team along with the Inclusion Quality Mark in August 2021.
If you want to be part of this vibrant and happy team, please contact our Business Manager Kim Cleall-Harding on 01634 832578 to arrange a visit, or to have an informal chat with the Head teacher, Katharine Sexton.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Excellent classroom practice that demonstrates creativity and caring with the ability to make learning fun
• High expectations and a commitment to providing the best possible education for all pupils
• The ability to be flexible, dynamic, enjoy a challenge, and be well organised
• Be driven and ambitious for the learners both the children and staff alike, paying particular attention to one’s own CPD in a community where we are all learning all the time
• Have the unswerving desire to support the values and aims of St. Michael’s RC Primary School, the needs of its pupils and staff
• The ability to work as part of a team and to inspire, support and lead others
We can offer:
• A warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with enthusiastic and skilled staff who are highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and life-chances
• A highly experienced and effective leadership team who can support excellent opportunities for CPD.
• A positive and enthusiastic, well-resourced and attractive working atmosphere.
• A creative and innovative environment which encourages a 'risk taking' and positive mind set culture
• A happy school - where children are eager to learn and where standards are high.
• Coaching and guidance through a system of peer support in the classroom with planning, delivering teaching and analysis of impact, resulting in the sharing of ideas and practice in a non-judgemental atmosphere
• High quality IT resources both inside and outside the classroom to aid teaching and to support with planning and preparation including an iPad and laptop
St Michael’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Appointment to this position will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interviews: Tuesday 28th September 2021
Start Date: 1st November 2021
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and send to: